M2 HOOD REMOVAL:
Removal of Covers
Before replacing some service parts in the machine, some external covers must be removed. This section describes the procedures to remove covers if required.
Removing the Top Cover
- Open the top cover to allow access to the gas struts
- Support the top cover in it’s open position whilst disconnecting the gas struts
- Locate the top gas strut ball joint as shown, repeat the following processes for the left side.
- Unclip the locking wire by pushing with a screw driver.
- Remove the locking wire.
- Separate the ball from the ball joint. DO NOT REMOVE THE BALL STUD FROM THE FRAME.
- Gently lay the gas strut down and close the lid
- Remove the two screws from the lower section of each hinge (left and right hand sides of the rear of the printer) and carefully lift the lid off.
Removing the Rear Inner Cover
- Locate the three Rear Inner Cover screws (tapping screw M4 × 12, P tight binding black: 3pcs).
- Remove all three Rear Inner Cover screws.
- Carefully lift the cover straight up and off.