Image Armor Dark Shirt Pretreatment Liter
The recommended use for Image Armor Dark Shirt Pretreatment is on
Dark 100% Cotton Garments using white Dupont ink.
*This prepreatment does not work for 50/50 or any poly blend garments.
APPLICATION AND USE INSTRUCTIONS
♦ You DO NOT need to mix down Image Armor. It is ready to use (RTU) right out of the container.
♦ Always SHAKE the container before using or pouring into your pretreatment machine container.
♦ When returning unused pretreatment from a machine, strain it to ensure no fibers or dirt, dust, contaminants are in the solution. A clean solution keeps you happy
When applying pretreatment to the garment, make sure to apply it as evenly as possible (mechanical pretreatment machines are the best).
- Depending on the shirt being pretreated there are some variables to consider on how much to apply. A good starting point is 15-18 grams per 14″x14″ area.
- NOTE: 18-26 grams may provide you with better washability and white optical brightness. This is opposite of what other manufacturers recommend.
- Test to find your best laydown for the garment you are pretreating.
- The heaver the garment, the higher the amount of pretreatment needed.
- The darker the color, the more pretreatment is required.
- The lighter the weight of the shirt, you can usually reduce the amount of fluid applied to the garment.
- The lighter the color of the shirt, less pretreatment is usually required.
Always use a high quality garment that is ring-spun with a tight knit weave. The smoother and tighter the weave, the better your final DTG print.Curing:
Curing Shirts with Image Armor Dark Shirt Pretreatment:
Set your heat press to 330F
If after 30 seconds there is still moisture on the shirt, re-press in 10 second intervals to ensure garment is completely dry.
You don’t need a lot of pressure. Use light to medium pressure to start. Heavier pressure can be used if required.
It is suggested to utilize a teflon sheet, coated Kraft paper or parchment paper when pressing the pretreatment dry.
DO NOT allow cover sheet to remain on garment after pressing or crystallization can occur as pretreatment vapors cool.
Get the best results with your T-Shirt Printing by using only Image Armor E-Series Ink and Image Armor Pretreatment.
Have questions?? Call us at 631-858-0114