Forever Laser Dark No-Cut Low Temp Transfer Film
FOREVER 2-Step Laser Dark (Low Temp) No-Cut heat transfer paper for CMYK and CMYKW LED Laser Printers
Forever’s revolutionary self-weeding low temp transfer paper for dark and colored garments allows you to simply print and transfer to t-shirts, fabric products, bags, hats, and so much more with no need to trim away a background with scissors or a vinyl cutter. This unique two-paper system features a pair of "A" & "B" papers to achieve a flawless, full-color transfer with a full spectrum of potential applications, including hard-to-imprint substrates such as nylon, polypropylene, and leather.
The self-weeding process offered by FOREVER's Laser Dark A-Foil & B-Paper system offers many benefits over current self-weeding transfer processes in the industry. Both application steps are done at the same heat press temperature, allowing your shop added flexibility and efficiency in production. Plus, the A-foil (application) page is semi-transparent for the absolute easiest transfer alignment possible, and seals the toner of your prints with a unique top-coating for incredible wash resistance. The B-Paper has been specially formulated to attach the white adhesive base to only printed toner on the A-Foil sheet, even down to fine details! The durability and softness of the FOREVER Laser Dark self-weeding papers is the perfect match for any transfer printer hoping to produce cost effective and production friendly garments with a truly commercial quality feel and performance after the sale.
We recommend using the FOREVER Laser Dark (Low Temp) heat transfer paper with the iColor and OKI Data White Toner Printers. Other printer toners may not be compatible with the process for lasting durability or accurate color transferring.
- To Print: Use the multi-purpose bypass tray to feed the A-Foil page, printable side face up (the matte side of the A-Foil is printable, do not print on glossy/slick side). Print your image or design in reverse, or use mirror print option in Job Option settings, Transparency setting in the printer driver's 'Media Weight' setting.
- Preheat the lower platen of your heat press to 310F by closing the press while empty for 20-30 seconds - this is only necessary for first presses, or returning to the press after production breaks.
- Place the A-Foil onto the lower platen (printed side face up). Place the B-Paper (transfer side, with no printed logos, face down) on top of A-Foil sheet. This sheet is slightly smaller than A-Foil sheet to allow the sheets to easily separate after first press. You may cover with an additional parchment, silicone, or copy paper for additional protection for your heat press platen.Press two sheets together for 90-110 seconds.
- Open heat press and separate the two sheets immediately, slowly & smoothly. This should leave an opaque white coating onto the toner layer of your printed A-Foil sheet.
- Trim the edges of the A-Foil sheet to prevent the residual toner on edges from transferring to your garment.
- Press to the textile with the following instructions:
Cotton: 300-320F for 30 seconds, medium pressure
Polyester: 248-266F for 30 seconds, medium pressure
Blend Fabrics: 285-305F for 30 seconds, medium pressure
Polypropylene: 220F for 30 seconds, medium pressure
Paper/Cardboard: 210F for 15 seconds, light pressure
- Remove from heat press and allow to cool completely before removing the A-Foil backing.
- Return the garment/substrate to the press and cover the transfer with silicone or parchment paper and press for 30seconds (cotton) or 10-15 seconds (other blends).
This paper is intended for use with the iColor and OKI White Toner Printers only. We cannot guarantee its use with other laser printers. We recommend checking with the printer manufacturer or usage manual to see what temperature the printer fuses at. For best results, it is recommended to use a printer that runs no hotter than 350F, otherwise the paper could potentially jam. HP or Brother brand laser printers tend to run too hot for transfer papers, and the toners used are not very wash-resistant. Please make sure to test thoroughly prior to production with laser printers of these brands.As with any transfer paper, we highly recommend testing the paper - both printing and pressing instructions - to find the best settings for your equipment and process before going into commercial production.