What is the LEC2-640?
The Roland VersaUV LEC2-640 is a versatile and advanced inkjet printer and cutter that offers unique and exceptional printing capabilities. Designed for sign and graphics providers, this all-in-one machine features precision dot placement and advanced head technology, resulting in prints of premium quality that can withstand close scrutiny.
The LEC2-640 boasts special effects capabilities that enable you to highlight details, create tangible textures, and simulate embossing with visible emphasis. The integrated cutting function allows you to create prototypes in a single operation and accurately cut intricate stickers and labels.
Why Choose the LEC2-640
With the Roland VersaUV LEC2-640, you can produce premium, head-turning products for your customers with ease and style.
Inks for LEC2-640
Leave us a Review
VersaUV LEC2-330 & LEC2-640
|Printing method Piezo||ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||8.3 to 64 in. (210 to 1,625 mm)||7.2 to 30 in. (182 to 762 mm)|
|Thickness||39 mil (Max. 1.0 mm) with liner, for printing
16 mil (Max. 0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||8.3 in. (Max. 210 mm)|
|Roll weight||88.2 lb. (Max. 40 kg)||55 lb. (Max. 25 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cutting width (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Maximum 29 in. (736 mm)|
|Ink||Type||ECO-UV (EUV5) 220 ml cartridge (white)
ECO-UV (EUV5) 500 ml cartridge (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, gloss, primer, orange, red)
|Ink-curing unit||Built-in UV-LED lamps|
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1,440 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (*4)||Error of less than ±0.4% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] - [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance traveled or ±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm), whichever is greater|
|Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6)||±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (*4) (*7)||±19.7 mil (±0.5 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (*4) (*8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance traveled, or ±0.2 in. (±3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V±10%, 3.2 A, 50/60 Hz||AC 100 to 240 V±10%, 3.0 A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 290 W|
|Sleep mode||40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||111 [W] × 31 [D] × 52 [H] in. (2,819 (W) × 781 (D) × 1,316 (H) mm)||77 [W] × 31 [D] × 52 [H] in. (1,945 (W) × 781 (D) × 1,316 (H) mm)|
|Weight (with stand)||359.3 lb. (163 kg)||275.6 lb. (125 kg)|
|Environment||During operation (*9)||Temperature: 59 to 90°F (15 to 32°C), humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)|
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C), humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)|
|Media Take-up||TU4 take-up unit included|
|Included items||Dedicated stand, power cord, blade, blade holder, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, User’s Manual, etc.|
- The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 77°F (25°C), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly
- Print travel: 39.4 in. (1 m)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.” Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 157.5 in. (4,000 mm)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 315.0 in. (8,000 mm)
- Provided that the media feed length is 118.1 in. (3,000 mm) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 39.4 in. (1,000 mm) in the media feed direction
- 29 in.; 30-inch (736 mm model) and 63 in.; 64-inch (1,600 mm model) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at four points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.”
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media
- Data size:
- Operating environment
Recommended for the Roland VersaUV LEC2-640 VersaUV Inkjet Printer & Cutter