Congratulations on the purchase of your brand new Ri1000! In order to move forward, you must solidify a date and time to link up with a GPI Support technician for your remote install.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT INSTALLING YOUR PRINTER WITHOUT A GPI TECHNICIAN AS THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY
Please read through the information below and complete the checklist at the bottom of the page.
You must email back confirmation that you have read this document and filled out the checklist, that way we can move forward with scheduling your installation.
Thank you for choosing Garment Printer Ink for all of your apparel decorating needs, and be sure to let us know if you have any questions about anything at all. Have a great day!
COMPUTER SPECS for ColorGate and AnaRIP Software
The ColorGate software is a RIP software that allows you to convert your art files into ripped (.prn) files. The Ri1000 will only be able to print these ripped (.prn) files and it is vital that you keep in mind the proper specifications regarding your system before installing the software. Your Ri1000 package includes an envelope holding all of the account information that you need in order to successfully install the software on your PC.
Recommended ColorGate Computer Specs
- A GRAPHICS SOFTWARE application is needed to in order to prepare your files (PhotoShop, Illustrator, or CorelDraw)
- Using the proper FILE TYPES when importing your ready-to-RIP files is important to keep in mind. The ColorGate software will accept TIFF, PNG, PDF, PSD, AI, BMP files successfully. The software also accepts JPG files, but that is not recommended, as those JPG files cannot hold as much resolution and they do not support transparency. The graphics softwares listed above will allow you to export your files in the recommended file types listed.
- Working with the proper OPERATING SYSTEM is imperative, so Windows 7 and later (Pro, Enterprise), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016. ColorGate is a PC based software, so Mac computers are NOT recommended. If using a Mac, you would need to download a third party software such as Parallels Desktop 4.0 or later and with OS X 10.5.2 or later.
- In terms of your PROCESSOR AND MEMORY, an Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 64 3 GHz is ideal, and 4GB RAM. A 64-bit processor is crucial, as a 32-bit processor will not be able to complete the ColorGate software installation.
- In terms of STORAGE, it’s recommended to have 10 GB of hard drive space, with a minimum SCREEN RESOLUTION of at least 1280 x 1024.
OTHER PREPARATIONS NECESSARY FOR YOUR INSTALLATION SETUP
Install TeamViewer BEFORE scheduled appointment
In order to properly walk you through the software installation as well as your first initial print on your brand new Ri1000, it is important that you download the TeamViewer software. TeamViewer is a free, screen-sharing software that we will only need for the duration of our setup call. Again, the TeamViewer software is free, and it only takes about 3-5 minutes in order to download. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/
- Click the white “Download for Free” button
- An automatic download of the executable installation file should automatically initiate. If this does not occur, simply click the direct download button on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the executable file download if it does not load up automatically.
- Be sure to check off DEFAULT INSTALLATION when asked which way to proceed.
- You may be asked if you “want to allow this app to make changes to your device.” Simply click YES.
- Allow the TeamViewer software to install. This process should not take longer than a couple of minutes.
- When asked “How do you want to use TeamViewer?” Make sure you check off I WANT TO USE THE FREE VERSION FOR PERSONAL USE. And then click FINISH.
- You have now completed the installation process for the TeamViewer software. Feel free to open the software. Under the Remote Control section, you will find a personalized number underneath where it says YOUR ID. These are the numbers you will get over to me during our installation, and we will then be able to successfully screen share.
Test download/internet speed BEFORE scheduled appointment
Please test your download/internet speed prior to the appointment, that way we can properly install your software without any network interruptions, and everything will run smoothly. We also don’t want to take up too much of your time, as we completely understand how demanding this industry is. Our goal is to get you up and running as soon as possible. Testing your download/internet speeds using a website like https://www.highspeedinternet.com/tools/speed-testand run a quick test. A test with least a 25 mbps download speed will be a comfortable number to move forward with the installation.
Size and Weight
The Ricoh Ri1000 is 242.5 lbs. It is also 18.9 inches in height, 52.2 inches in length, and 33.9 inches in width. This is important information to note when situating a proper table or surface for your printer. You definitely want to make sure you have something that is clear to withstand that weight and avoid any risks. The printer is rather heavy and awkward to carry, MAKE SURE YOU SECURE SOME HELP WHEN LIFTING THE PRINTER ONTO YOUR TABLE. It is recommended that you have at least 3 people on hand for the lift, just to avoid any damages or injury that can potentially occur if mishandled.
It is required that the Ri1000 is properly set on a suitable table, with your accessories unboxed and readily available nearby in order to move forward with the installation.
DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR BOX! IN THE EVENT OF A NEEDED REPAIR, THE Ri1000 IS REQUIRED TO BE REBOXED AND SENT OUT FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE. SAVING THE BOX WILL AVOID THE HASSLE AND EXPENSE OF PURCHASING A NEW ONE!!!
HEAT PRESS SPECS
Please make sure you have a heat press in place! This is going to be needed in order to pretreat and cure your t-shirts. We recommend the Digital Knight 16x20 Auto Popup Clamshell. For more information on this press, please click the link below or be sure to contact a GPI technician if you have any further questions on anything whatsoever.
Digital Knight DK20A 16x20 Clamshell
There are two ways to connect a printer in order to print your ripped files. The USB connection, and the Ethernet Connection.
- USB Connection
Using a standard flash drive is the easiest way to transfer designs. Follow these simple steps below.
- Insert your USB flash drive into your computer that uses the ColorGate software.
- Import your ripped (.prn*) file into your flash drive.
- Safely Remove the flash drive from your computer.
- Insert the flash drive into the USB slot on the Ri1000 (underneath the LED screen on the left hand side)
- Make sure you’re on the home screen, and click the blue USB button on the top left part of the screen.
- Choose your design.
- Click “SET” after your pre-treated shirt is loaded on the platen, and the design will feed into the Ri1000 and print.
- Ethernet Connection
Using the ethernet chord for connection will allow your computer to connect directly to the printer, or to allow your printer to connect to your network hub. This route requires a longer setup, but the benefit of this is that you can then print directly from your RIP software to your computer.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED (NOT REQUIRED) MATERIALS
These are some supplies that we recommend grabbing to make your experience and workflow that much more simplified and give you that environmental control that you need.
Ideally, you want to be anywhere from 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit with your humidity set at around 45-80%. I would recommend getting yourself an evaporative humidifier to ensure this is in check. This is a link to the exact same we have that works perfectly for us:
***Whichever one you end up running with, just make sure the humidifier is EVAPORATIVE***
GARMENT PRINTER HUMIDITY MONITOR
This gadget goes great with the evaporative humidifier and will reassure you that your workspace is suitable for clean and safe printing:
UNINTERUPTED POWER SOURCE
Grabbing one of these is going to rid yourself of that risk in the event of a power surge or power outage of any sort. This is going to protect your machine from shorting out which will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. This is a link to the exact same power source that works out perfectly for us:
5-GALLON WASTE INK JUG
Please complete the checklist below and sign the line underneath, reassuring us that you have everything in place to move forward with a successful installation.
Access to Graphics Software - (Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw)
A Proper Operating System - (Windows 7 and later (Pro, Enterprise), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016)
Processor & Memory - (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 64 3 GHz is ideal, and 4GB RAM. A 64-bit processor)
10GB of Storage Available
Team Viewer is Installed
Internet/Download Speed Was Tested
Ri1000 is Situated on Strong Table
Accessories Are Also Unboxed and Nearby
Box Stored for Future Use
A Flash Drive for USB File Transferring
A Suitable Heat Press (Recommended Clamshell Press ex.- Digital Knight 16x20 Auto Popup Clamshell on our website.)
Once completed with the checklist, please type name and date, and forward the document back over to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be ready to schedule your Ricoh Ri1000 installation appointment.
Moving forward, you can always contact me for any questions about anything at all. My extension is 336 and this is the best email to reach me at. You can also reach James at email@example.com, and his extension is 334.
Thanks again for choosing Garment Printer Ink! We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow. Have a wonderful day and happy printing!