Maintenance Guide for Ricoh Ri100
Read this manual carefully before you use the product and keep it handy for future reference.
For safe and correct use, be sure to read Safety Information before using the machine.
3. Maintenance Kit
4 Cleaning the Maintenance Unit
7. Cleaning the Print Head Nozzles
- Keep ink and ink containers out of reach of children.
- If Ink gets into contact with eyes, wash eyes immediately with running water. Consult a doctor if necessary.
- When replacing ink, avoid getting ink on your skin. If ink comes into contact with your skin, wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water.
- Be sure to locate the machine as close as possible to a wall outlet. This will allow easy disconnection of the power in the event of an emergency.
- Do not open the cover while the machine is operating. Doing so might cause your hand or fingers to get trapped in the machine, and an injury might occur.
Use the maintenance kit to clean the inside of the machine.
The supplied materials in the maintenance kit are as follows:
- Cleaning tool
- Protective glasses
- Protective gloves
- Cleaning liquid
- Cleaning stick
- Cleaning cloth
- Disposal bag
- When cleaning the inside of the machine, be sure to wear protective glasses and protective gloves.
- After using the absorbent, cleaning stick, and cleaning cloth, put them in the expendable items disposable bag included in the package. To dispose of the absorbent, cleaning stick, and cleaning cloth, consult with an authorized dealer. When disposing of the absorbent by yourself, be sure to comply with local disposal regulations.
Keep used absorbents or protective gloves stained with ink away from your hands or clothes. Otherwise, your hands or clothing will be dirty.
- Note - The supplied materials in the maintenance kit are subject to change without notice.
Cleaning the Maintenance Unit:
If a message is prompting you to provide regular maintenance appears, clean the Maintenance Unit.
- Press the [▼/Menu] key.
- Press the [▲] or [▼/Menu] key to display [Maintenance], and then press the [#Enter] key
- Press the [▲] or [▼/Menu] key to display [Clean Maint Unit], and then press the [#Enter] key.
- When "Press # to clean Maint Unit" is displayed, press the [#Enter] key. (Wait while "Maintenance in process..." is displayed)
- When "Open Top Cover to clean unit" is displayed, open the top cover. ( The Maintenance Unit will move to a position where you can clean it. The printer’s power turns off automatically.)
Important* - Do not touch the toothed rubber belt or ink tubes when cleaning the Maintenance Unit. Also, take care not to catch cables or ink tubes with your sleeves.
6. Wipe off any dirt in the area shown in the figure with the cleaning stick moistened with the cleaning liquid.
For the top part of the cap, wipe it gently.
- The cleaning cloth cannot be used to clean the Maintenance Unit. Use the •
cleaning stick to clean it.
- When cleaning the Maintenance Unit, be careful not to drop the cleaning •
stick into the machine.
7. After cleaning the Maintenance Unit, close the top cover.
Hard cleaning starts after a restart, which the machine returns to the usual condition.
Important* - If you have not cleaned the print head nozzles, proceed to clean them.
Cleaning the Print Head Nozzles:
- Do not open the cover while the print head nozzles are being automatically cleaned.
- Do not reuse the absorbent. After using it, put it in the expendable items disposal bag included in the package. To dispose of the absorbent, consult with an authorized dealer. When disposing of the absorbent by yourself, be sure to comply with local disposal regulations.
- If you have not cleaned the Maintenance Unit, proceed to clean it.