If your head cables on your FreeJet look like this, they need to be replaced.
- Refer to the document for removing the FreeJet board for access to the ribbon cables.
- Refer to the Print Head replacement document to remove the ribbon cables from the print head.
- Move the Print Head Carriage all the way over to the left side of the printer to create slack.
- Push the tab to the left to release the ribbon cable guide. Once released move the guide all the way to the left to remove from the frame.
- When removing the ribbon cable from the holder it makes it much more easy if you fold the cable and pull it out between the 2 bottom tabs. This will help to give you a starting point to slide the cable out.
- Remove the cable from the board. Attach new cable and replace boards. Connect back to print head making sure cables are in the right direction.