Every day before using the printer, you must remove and shake the cartridges. This will agitate the ink and reverse some of the settling of pigments that occurs.
- The printer should be off.
- Since the cartridges are pressurized, first remove the rubber seal to release the pressure. You may want to use a paper towel so that no ink spills or splatters onto the printer parts.
- Press the release lever and slowly pull the cartridge from the slot.
- Replace the rubber seal to prevent the spilling of ink.
- Shake the cartridge back and forth for a few seconds. This will ensure that the ink stays homogeneous.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge