A Nozzle Check is a self test print to verify that the Ink Delivery System in the printer is producing adequate ink output. If the Nozzle Check meets specification the ink delivery system is typically in good working order. To perform a Nozzle Check use the following steps:
Required Supplies or Tools:
- 8.5 x 11" Transparency Film
Test Print (Nozzle Check)
- When the LCD display reads "READY" move the table to the full out position by pressing the Auto Out button.
- Place a sheet of 8.5" x 11" Transparency Film on the platen in the most forward right corner.
Note: Image shows an 8.5" x 11" sheet of white paper instead the transparency film for clarity, be sure that you use a transparency and not a plain white sheet of paper.
- Move the platen to the home position using the "manual in" button from the table control panel until the transparency film is just below the Table Height Sensors.
- Set the Table Height for printing.
- Press the Auto In button on the table control panel to move the table to the print ready position.
- The LCD display will read READY.
- Press the menu button on the printer control panel 1 time until the display reads PRINTER SETUP.
- Press the down arrow 1 time until the display reads TEST PRINT.
- Press the Menu button to accept.
- The display will read NOZZLE CHECK; press the Menu button 1 time to accept.
- The display will read NOZZLE CHECK on the top line and PRINT below.
- Press the Menu button to accept the PRINT option.
- The display will read PRINTING as the printer performs the "Nozzle Check" test print.
- When the Nozzle Check test print is complete the display will read READY.
- Move the table to the full out (load) position by pressing the Auto Out Button on the printer control panel.
- Inspect the Nozzle Check test print to verify that adequate the ink output appears on the test print by comparing to image of good Nozzle Check test print below.
- If the Nozzle Check test print results do not show adequate ink output refer to the troubleshooting information section for Nozzle Check.