The NON GENUINE error message will appear on the printer LCD display when any ink cartridges are installed in the printer that are not Epson ink cartridges. This message will appear each time the printer is powered up during the machine initialization process. This message will also appear when any ink cartridges are removed from the ink bay and reinserted for any reason.
To clear the message from the display use the following steps:
- Press the down button to scroll though the entire NON GENUINE message (press the down button 5 times). The option to select YES or NO will appear on the display once you reach the end of the message.
- Press the left button (1) time to select YES.
- The DAMAGE FROM message will appear on the printer display.
- Press the down button to scroll through the entire DAMAGE FROM message (press the down button 5 times). The option to select ACCEPT or DECLINE will appear on the display once you have reached the end of the message.
- Press the left button to select ACCEPT.
- The PLEASE WAIT message will display during the ink cartridge initialization process. Once this process completes the LCD display will read READY.