(1) Power on the machine and Eject the Platen.
(2) Power off the machine.
(3) Open the front cover/lid.
(4) Locate the Fan inside the printer. Grasp the side of the fan cover facing the rear and pull the cover away from the fan toward the left side of the printer (see pictures). As the cover separates from the fan, slide it forward so it slips off the tab on the front side of the fan assembly.
(5) Remove the cover from the machine and clean the debris from the cover with a brush and canned air if available. You should use a brush even if you use air so the so the friction will clear any sticky residue.
(6) Insert the cleaned fan cover over the fan assembly so the slots on the cover fit into the tabs on the front side of the fan assembly. Push the back of the cover into the fan assembly so it snaps onto the assembly.
(7) Close the lid and power on the machine, it is ready for use.