(1) Make sure the GT-3 is not in the middle of any operation and is turned off.
(2) Gently twist the nut (counter clockwise) on the tube to remove it from the top portion of the white filter (same filter as the GT-782). Be careful of any ink spilling out.
(3) Remove the bottom portion of the filter by pulling it out from the lower tube. Again be careful of any ink spilling out. The bottom tube can be capped to prevent spillage.
(4) The new filter should be attached from the wider portion of the filter shaft, turning the nut clockwise to secure in place.
(5) Then push the thinner portion of the filter shaft into the lower tube.