Replacing the Print Head on the Brother GT541 Garment Printer
6-1-2. Replacing the Print Heads
(1) Make sure GT-541 is not in middle of any operation.
(2) Press the OK Button on the Control Panel to display the Menu Display.
(3) Press the Up/Down Button to select "Maintenance", and then press the OK Button.
(4) Press the Up/Down Button to select "Head Replacement", and then press the OK Button.
(5) Press the Up/Down Button to select the color of Print Head to be replaced, and then press the OK Button.
The following message appears.
(6) Remove the color's Ink Cartridge, and then press the OK Button.
The message "Set Filter Cartridge & Press OK" appears.
(7) Insert the Filter Cartridge to the Ink Cartridge Slot, and then press the OK Button.
The ink-draining begins. Wait until the message "Turn Off & Please Change [X] Head" appears.
(8) Turn off GT-541.
(9) Open the Front Cover and pull out the Wiper Cleaner Cassette.
You can find the Print Heads on the left.
Make sure the ink of the color, which Print Head is to be replaced, is removed from the Tube.
Remove the Wiper Cleaner Cassette before replacing Print Head. Otherwise the edge of the cassette may hit and seriously damage the Print Head.
(10) Turn up the corresponding color of Flat Cable connector tab, and then disconnect the Flat Cable.
(11) Wear the gloves included with the new Print Head, and then remove the Tube Fitting from the new Print Head.
(12) Rotate the Tube Connector 90 degrees as shown below.
(13) Disconnect the Tube and put the Tube Fitting removed from the new Print Head to prevent the ink from dripping.
(14) Turn the Lever to the direction of the arrow to unlock the Print Head.
(15) Remove the used Print Head by lifting up the knob.
<Note> The gloves are removed for the better view.
(16) Remove the Protective Tube from the new Print Head, and then install the new Print Head by holding the knob, and holding the Flat Cable with the other hand.
Make sure the V-shaped groove of the Print Head hits the pin.
<Note>: The gloves are removed for a better view.
(17) Press down the Print Head knob securely.
(18) Turn the Lever to the direction of the arrow to lock the Print Head.
(19) Remove the Nozzle
(20) Take off the gloves, insert the Flat Cable into the connector, and then turn down the connector tab to lock the Cable.
(1) Make sure the Flat Cable is inserted straight against the connector. If not, reconnect it correctly.
Sometimes, the warning message "Please Wait... Cooling down" is on the DIsplay of the Control Panel because mis-sense of overheat occurs with the improper insertion of the Flat Cable.
(2) The Flat Cable is very fragile. Be careful handling it.
(21) Wear the gloves again, and then remove the Tube FItting from the end of Tube.
(22) Insert the Tube into the new Print Head, and then rotate the Tube Connector 90 degrees to the direction of the arrow.
(23) Insert the Wiper Cleaner Cassette as it was and close the Front Cover.
(24) Remove the Filter Cartridge, and then install the removed Ink Cartridge back.
(25) Turn on GT-541.
(26) Press the Platen Button to eject the Platen.
(27) Press the OK Button to open the Menu Display.
(28) Press the Up/Down Button to select "Head Cleaning," and then press the OK Button.
(29) Press the Up/Down Button to select "Initial" Cleaning mode, and then press the OK Button.
(30) Press the Up/Down Button to select the color you have replaced the Print Head, and then press the OK Button.
The following message appears, and the initial cleaning starts.
The display returns to the Print Head color-selecting display, when the initial cleaning has been completed.
(31) Print and check the Nozzle Check Pattern (see "2-6-3. Test Print") and confirm 4 Print Heads align properly. When the test print has been successfully completed, go on to the next section to complete the adjustment after the Print Head replacement.
If some Print Head shifts forward, the print output may shift as shown below: Make sure the Print Head is set at backmost position. Also, print Standard Check Pattern and see the alignment at the top Black-Magenta-Cyan-Yellow squares, middle-right squares, and letter samples.
Here are the examples of Standard Check Pattern:
Adjustment after the Print Head replacement
Adjust the Print Head alignment after you have replaced the Print Head. If it is not appropriate, the print image may be unclear because the bi-directional print may not be overlapped properly.
(1) Make sure GT-541 is connected to the PC.
(2) Turn on the PC.
(3) Open the GTFiringAdjustment in GT-Tools.
Follow the instruction displayed.