Learn how to remove and insert the wiper blade on the maintenance station of a Brother GT direct-to-garment DTG printer.
6-1-5. Replacing the Wiper Blade
The Wiper Blade needs to be replaced if it starts to come off to solve the ink-jetting problem. Use the Wiper ASSY (SA9001001) for the replacement.
(1) Turn on GT-541 if it is off.
(2) Press the OK Button to open the Menu Display.
(3) Press the Up/Down Button to select the "Maintenance", and then press the OK Button.
(4) Press the Up/Down Button to select the "Cap/Wiper Clean", and then press the OK Button.
The following message appears.
(5) Turn off GT-541.
(6) Open the Front Cover by unlocking the Cover Locks with both hands.
(7) Pull out the Wiper Cleaner Cassette.
- Do not tilt the Wiper Cleaner Cassette; ink may get on your hands or clothing.
- Do not touch the Clearance Sensor (the bar above the Wiper Cleaner Cassette); it may cause a malfunction.
(8) Open the Wiper Replacing Kit and put on the gloves.
(9) Push the right Operation Arm about 5 mm (0.2 inches) to the right and pull out the Wiper Blade as holding its left.
Do not push the Operation Arm by force.
(10) Remove the Wiper Blade by pulling it to the left.
(11) Insert the left projection of the new Wiper Blade to the slit of the left Operationi Arm.
(12) Insert the right projection of the new Wiper Blade to the slit of the right Operation Arm by pushing the right Operation Arm about 5 mm (0.2 inches) to the right.
- Do not push the Operation Arm by force. It may be distorted.
- Take care not to push down the Wiper Blade and the Operation Arms by force. They can be easily damaged.
(13) Confirm that both projections of the Wiper Blade are inserted to the slits of the Operation Arms.
(14) Insert the Wiper Cleaner Cassette straight into GT-541.
Do not touch the Clearance Sensor (the bar above the Wiper Cleaner Cassette).
(15) Close the Front Cover, and then turn on GT-541.
If GT-541 turns on without any problem, replacement of the Wiper Blade has been completed.
If there is problem (such as abnormal noise or an error) then turn off your printer, and check if the Wiper Blade, the Wiper Cleaner and teh Wiper Cleaner Cassette are correctly installed.
Get ink for your Brother GT541 garment printer