This is a troubleshooting guide on how to resolve the crashing or stopping of the print head when moving from the maintenance station during a print or head clean. Crashing during a print is most likely caused by use of wrong rip software or software related issues.
- A job is sent to the printer, the print head moves to the right and then crashes and does not print.
- A print head clean is performed and the print head crashes.
- Print head crashes during movement.
- Carriage encoder has slipped out of its guide/reader. Carefully install the encoder strip back into the slot of the guide/reader. This is located behind the print head carriage. Make sure that the guide/reader has not been bent out. See figure 1.1
- Early printers may not have revision c. This is a replacement to the new Carriage motion control board. Check serial number and date of purchase. Board will need to be replaced. See carriage board replacement TD&R document.