2.2 Table Belt Tension
- Phillips Screw Driver
- 11/32 Ratchet Wrench
- 10/32 ALlen Key / T-Handle
- Gates Belt Tension Meter or Equivalent
(1) Move the table to the home position by pressing the TABLE button (table should be inside the printer). Remove the three Phillips screws from the bottom of the skirt and remove the skirt. See Photo 2.2-1
(2) Remove the Two 10-32 screws (use a 11/32 ratchet wrench) and two 8-32 nutes (use 10/32 Allen key / T handle) from the pleated screen mount and slide the pleated screen back to reveal the table belt tensionor. See Photo 2.2-2
(3) Loosen the table belt bracket nuts (use a 3/8 ratchet wrench). See photo 2.2-3. Adjust the belt tension by tightening or loosening the adjustment nut on the threaded rod (use a 7/16 ratchet wrench). See Photo 2.2-3.
(4) Check the belt tension using a Gates belt tension meter or equivalent. Below are the belt specifications needed for the tension meter.
Mass (M) - 001.4 g/m
With (W) - 009.0 mm/r
Span (S) - 0790 mm
Belt tension should be set to 25 to 30 N (90 to 108 ozf). Measurements should be made on the middle portion of the belt with the table at the home position.
(5) Once we reached the desired tension, we can now tighten the table bracket nuts and reassemble the pleated screen mount and skirt by reversing the above steps.