3.7.1 Needle Plate-Pin Shift Assembly Replacement
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Needle Plate-Pin Shift Assembly (P/N: 150479-001)
(1) Begin by removing the ink bay cover.
(2) Remove the 4 screws holding the metal sheet to the bottom cover.
(3) In order to replace the Needle Plate-Pin Shift Assembly, also known as the ink chip reader assembly, we must remove the Side back plastic guides first. The first plastic guide will have 1 screw in the front. With the screw removed, gently push down on the bottom cover and slide the black plastic guide out.
(4) Unplug the cable connected to the chip reader and the tube, as well. The ink chip reader is held by 1 screw. Remove the screw and slide the chip reader to the left to release it.
(5) The rest of the black plastic guides will have the screws in between them.
(6) When you reach yellow and the first white, you will see the ink slot board attached to it. Remove all cables connected to it and gently push up on the board. The board is only attached to 4 small tabs located on the black plastic guides.