mPower Pre-Shipment Instructions
If your printer is under warranty, you are responsible for arranging and paying for inbound shipping. AnaJet will arrange and pay for outbound shipping.
If your printer is not under warranty, you are responsible for arranging and paying for both inbound and outbound shipping.
Pick up specs:
mP5 lift gate needed at pick up 230 pounds, 48x48x29
mP10 lift gate needed at pick up 240 pounds, 48x48x29
To prepare your printer for transit, the following steps MUST be followed:
- Make sure that your printer is completely filled with ink and the lines have little to no air gaps.
- Perform a Printhead Clean All Heavy followed by a Nozzle Check.
- Print the nozzle check on a piece of paper and include this paper inside the box with the printer. Do not wipe the white nozzle check off the table.
- Release the carriage then use a cleaning applicator to put a coating/layer of waste ink on each of the rubber seals on the maintenance station then secure the carriage. This will ensure an air tight seal and prevent clogging.
- Completely drain the waste ink tank and clean out the tray underneath the Maintenance Station.
- Print the attached RMA twice. Place one copy inside the box with the printer and tape the other copy to the outside of the box.
- Install the carriage and table retainer. These hold the carriage and table in place. (see image below)
- Do NOT include any ink cartridges, cables, cords or the table hoop as these will not be returned.
- Place the printer inside the original box and foam then securely strap it to a pallet. (see image below)
- The print heads are NOT covered if clogged or damaged.
Moving the printer – short distance
A short distance move involves moving the printer by a vehicle under your supervision, the actual travel time should not take more than an hour or two.
If traveling through a high temperature or very low humidity area, or if there is a large altitude change, replace all of the ink with Cleaning Solution. (See Section 5 of the User Manual).
If you are moving the printer in the original printer box replace all of the ink with Cleaning Solution. (See Section 6 of the User Manual). This is necessary because the cartridges must be removed for the printer to fit into the box.
Drain the Waste Ink Tank. (See Section 6 of of the User Manual). Keep the ink cartridges in place. Do not leave the printer without the ink cartridges or Cleaning Solution in place. Otherwise replace ink with Cleaning Solution. (See Section 5 of this chapter).
At the new destination, replace the ink if needed. (See Section 5 of the User Manual) and check the printer performance. Perform a Print Head Nozzle Check and clean the Print Head\ as needed to restore good ink flow. (See User Manual, Chapter 7 Startup of a New Printer, Section 8. Performing a Nozzle Check) Leaving the printer for a long time without restoring good ink flow may cause difficulties with the ink flow later.
Moving the printer – long distance
Please contact AnaJet Technical support to walk you through this process. Replace all of the ink with Cleaning Solution. (See Section 5 of this chapter) Drain the Waste Ink Tank.
Turn off the print engine with the Control Panel key.
When the print engine completes its power down sequence, switch off the printer Main Power Switch at the rear of the printer.
Remove all of the Cleaning Solution cartridges.
Remove both the power cord and USB cable.
Restrain the Print Table and Carriage with Retainers on print table and print carriage.
Package the printer in the original shipping boxes before shipping.
Handle the printer with the help of a second person to avoid damage. DO NOT PLACE ANY OTHER ITEMS IN THE PRINTER BOX accept the original accessory box. IF NECESSARY, USE A SECOND BOX FOR ACCESSORY ITEMS.
Keep the printer level while handling and transporting.
After transporting the printer, go through the new printer setup procedures described in Chapter 1: Start Up of a New Printer. If you are shipping the printer through a common carrier, the printer box must be placed on a pallet. Secure the printer box onto the pallet. Ship via a trucking or air freight company with FRAGILE instructions.
Moving the Printer – within the building
To move the printer a very short distance, with the printer remaining at a horizontal position, follow the steps below. An example of such a move would be moving the printer within a building. If you need to move the printer a longer distance or ship it through a common carrier, follow the instructions for Short Distance or Long Distance.
- Turn off the print engine by pressing the key on the Control Panel.
- When the print engine completes its power down sequence, switch off the printer Main Power Switch on the rear of the printer.
- Drain the Waste Ink Tank. (See Section 6 of this chapter)
- Clean and drain the Left Drip Pan
- Remove both the power cord and USB cable.
- The ink cartridges should remain in place. Removing ink cartridge may cause ink dry-out in the ink delivery system.
- Install the Carriage and Table Retainers that where with the printer when it arrived. Use the Thumb Screw to tighten the table retainers.
- Move the printer carefully (four people are required). Keep the printer horizontal. Only move the printer on its side when moving through a doorway.
- When you reach the new destination, make certain the printer is placed on a stable, sturdy and level table.
- Make sure the printer is level using a torpedo level as described in Chapter 2: Startup of a New Printer, Section 4: Setting up the Printer.
- Make sure that the environment of the new location meets to the printers requirements. See Chapter 1: Product Information, Section 2. Operation Environment Requirements.