2.8.1 Linear Guide Rail - Table
- Synthetic Oil (P/N - 150646-001)
(1) Lubrication of the linear guide rail for the table is needed for every 100 kilometers (62 miles) of travel. This is equivalent to about 80,000 print cycles for the table. If the unit experiences this number of print cycles or has been operating in a severe environment, the table linear guide rail may be lubricated with synthetic oil applied to the rail side surface.
(2) Use a synthetic Oil/lubricant to lubricate the rail guides. Place a couple drops of lubricant to the left and right hand side of the linear table rail. See photo 2.8.1.
(3) Once the lubricant has been applied to the rail, exercise the table by pressing the "table" button moving it back and forth a couple times to spread the lube.
2.8.2 - Linear Guide Rail - Carriage
- Synthetic Oil (P/N: 150646-001)
(1) Lubrication of the carriage linear guide rail is also needed for every 100 kilometers (62 miles) of travel. This is equivalent to about 2,200 print cycles.
(2) To lubricate, we must first release our print carriage. (MENU > MAINTENANCE FUNCTIONS > CARRIAGE CONTROLLER > RELEASE CARRIAGE)
(3) Move the carriage to the center of the carriage guide rail. Apply drops of lubricant to the linear carriage rail and move the carriage manually left and right to spread the lubricant around. See photo 2.8.2.
(4) Once done, secure your carriage to the home position.